WhatsApp dark mode changes the colors of the messaging app from white and green to black and grey. The dark mode is very popular nowadays and many apps are providing this feature to its users. Android 10 also comes with a dark mode feature.
The dark mode produces less glare at night and makes the apps more comfortable to use in low light. This feature is also good for battery because it consumes less power.
Sources are also claiming that the developers of WhatsApp are planning a few changes to dark mode. It includes adjusting the colors of text bubbles.
However, don’t worry even after these changes, the process of using dark mode will remain the same. Follow the article to know about how you can use it.
How to enable WhatsApp dark mode in Android
If you are using an Android device and want to use dark mode then follow the steps below.
- Firstly, update your app if you are not using the latest version.w
- Open the app. After opening tap on three dots at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, tap on ‘Settings’.
- Tap on ‘Chats’.
- After that tap on ‘Theme’.
- Now, you will need to select ‘Dark’ to enable the dark mode.
If you are using an iOS device and want to use the dark mode then follow the steps below.
- Firstly, you will need to update the app if you are not using the latest version of WhatsApp.
- Open the app menu by tapping on three dots at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, select the ‘Settings’ from the menu.
- Tap on ‘Chats’.
- Tap on ‘Theme’.
- Now, you will need to select the ‘Dark’ from the choices.
Dark mode for the WhatsApp Web (Desktop)
WhatsApp is now also getting the dark mode for the desktop. The developer Mahesh B Wijerathna discovered while trawling through the CSS for the website.
I've been developing the Dark mode for @WhatsApp desktop for sometime now and i just saw these updates on v0.4.930 which has their signature dark color. They might release the dark mode soon. Here's how it looks at the moment. Pinging @WABetaInfo pic.twitter.com/JFc40rvZgY
— Mahesh B Wijerathna (@m4heshd) February 24, 2020
The dark mode on the web doesn’t seem to be quite finished yet. Emoji on the desktop is on white rather than transparent backgrounds.
It is not available for testing so far. You can use a free plugin called Stylus to create a similar effect for Firefox and Chrome browsers. This plugin also allows you to create custom style sheets for individual sites.
How to share location on WhatsApp.
Change or reset the Instagram password.
How to change the TikTok username.
Buy Products from Amazon at discounted rates.
Keep visiting us.