One of the most useful tools that WhatsApp owns is the ability to share your live location with your family members, friends, and also with all your contacts. Due to this feature, you can easily find and meet up with each other.
However, the option of location sharing in WhatsApp is a little hidden. So if you are new on WhatsApp and don’t know how you can share your location then follow our this article.
In this article, we will guide you on how you can share your live location with your contacts. There is bad news that this feature only works on the phone. You can’t use this cool feature on WhatsApp Web.
How to share location on WhatsApp
To share location on WhatsApp with your contacts follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, you need to open the WhatsApp, and then open the chat with the person you want to share your location with.
- After opening the chat, in the text box find the icon of the paper clip. Select that icon. This will show you a menu of different things you can attach to the message. This includes sending pictures, files, etc.
- There will be an option of “Location”. Select this option and you will be taken to the location sharing screen.
- If you are doing it the first time, you will need to grant permission to WhatsApp to use the location tracking feature of your phone. You only have to do this once.
- After clicking on the Location button. There will be a list of location sharing options, which includes the live location ( it’ll get updated when you move), and landmarks near you.
- After selecting you will get to choose how long you want to do it for, 15 minutes, an hour, and also up to eight hours.
- You can also leave a message with the location share.
- After completing all the tasks above, you need to tap the blue ‘Send’ arrow in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- After tapping your location will be shared.
We will recommend you to only share your location with people you know. The other person or people in your chat can see your location without sharing their own. We hope that our article helps you in sharing your location on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp introduces a new Group call Ringtone in 188.8.131.52 update.
WhatsApp Appears to be Down, 5 Easy Ways to Fix it.
Buy products from Amazon at discounted rates.
Keep Visiting Us.