Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world. Millions of people use Instagram daily. You can use Insta to share pictures, stories, and many other things with your friends.
You can use Facebook details to log in to Instagram. You can also use your email address or phone number to sign up on Instagram. It doesn’t matter which login method are you using but it is a good practice to change your password regularly to keep the account secure.
In this article, we will guide you on how to change your Insta password. Also, if you forgot your password and now want to reset it we will also guide you on that.
How to change Instagram password
Changing the password of Instagram is very easy. It is the same process on both iOS and Android devices.
If you want to change your Insta password then follow the steps below.
- Firstly, open the app on your device.
- Tap on your profile picture at the bottom right of the screen to head to your profile.
- Now, you need to tap on the menu icon (the three lines at the top right of the page).
- After tapping on three lines, click on ‘Settings’ at the bottom of your menu screen.
- Now, select ‘Security’ and then ‘Password’.
- Here, you will need to enter your current password and then the new password.
- After entering the new password click on ‘✔’ at the top right of the screen.
- After following all the steps above your password is successfully updated.
We will recommend you to use a password that you don’t use before. Use the mixture of numbers, uppercase, and lowercase to make it difficult. Instagram recommends that you use “a combination of at least six numbers, letters and punctuation marks (like ! and %)”.
How to reset your Insta password
If you have forgotten your Instagram password and now want to reset it then follow the steps.
The method of resetting the password is slightly different for iOS and Android devices.
For Android Device:
If you are on an Android device then follow the steps below.
- Firstly, open the app.
- On the login screen, select ‘Get help signing in’ (below Log In).
- Click on ‘Use Username or Email’, ‘Send an SMS’ or ‘Login with Facebook’ and follow the instructions.
- After following instructions you can easily set a new password for your account.
For iOS Device:
IF you are using an iOS device then follow the steps below to reset your password.
- Firstly, you need to head to the login screen.
- Select the ‘Get help signing in’ option.
- Now, choose your method of resetting your login credentials. Enter your username, email address, or phone number.
- Tap Next and follow the instructions to reset your Instagram password.
We will recommend you to choose a brand new password, don’t forget to make it strong.
10 Most Followed Instagram Accounts in 2020.
How to solve the Action block on Instagram.
How to change or reset your Facebook password.
How to change or reset your Skype password.
You can also buy amazing products from Amazon at discounted rates.
Keep visiting us.