Apple iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 were recently released and you can download it easily. It comes with a wealth of improvements this time but few of them were as long-awaited as Apple finally removing the shackles of its default apps. Now, you can finally ditch Safari and Mail. Although Apple didn’t shout it from rooftops at WWDC.
No doubt Safari browser is one the best browsers of mobile and a more than a serviceable web browser. Also, Mail has its fans, but it needs some improvements like it doesn’t support push notifications for Gmail accounts.
If you did not like the Safari and Mail apps then you can now change it to others. While Apple will not happy with this decision but the time has finally come for iOS and iPadOS fans to get some treatment. We will guide you on how you can do it in a very easy way.
How to change your default web browser
It doesn’t matter which browser is your favorite, whether it is Firefox or Chrome you can now change it to the default browser. You can only set four browsers so far, but you can use more browsers in the future after Apple’s approval. The list of the browsers is available below
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
If you want to change the default browser then follow the steps below.
- First of all, you need to head to the Settings menu. Now, scroll down to the browser in question. In our example it is Chrome.
- Underneath access permission, there is an option of ‘Default Browser App’, tap on this.
- It will give you options with a list of browsers to select the default.
- Select the browser that you want.
- Remember that if you reboot your device, it will again change to the Safari.
After completing all the steps above your default browser is now changed.
How to change your default email client in iOS 14 or iPadOS 14
The process of changing your default email client is as simple and much the same as changing the browser. You can change it very easily. The list of email clients that works so far is given below.
- Microsoft Outlook
In our example screenshot, we are using the Spark as an example. You need to install the apps and you will find these apps in the Settings menu.
To change the default email client follow the steps below.
- First, you need to head to the Settings menu.
- Now, navigate to the bottom of the page and select the ‘Default Mail App’ option.
- After that, select your app from the list for the default email client.
- Again, it is worth noting that after rebooting your device, Apple Mail will revert to the default settings.
After completing the steps above your default email client will be changed. The steps and processes are the same in both iOS 14 and iPadOS 14. We hope that our guide will help you.
Keep visiting us for more updates and news.
How to download Apple iOS 14 updates to your iPhone.
How to enable picture-in-picture mode on your iPhone.
Buy Products from Amazon at discounted rates.