Facebook is too much popular around the world nowadays. Almost 2 billion people around the world are using Facebook. Your Facebook password is an important piece of information if you are accessing social media accounts on the internet or mobile phone.
Due to the huge number of users, there is also a chance of hacking your personal information from your account. A weak password is also a big reason for hacking. You will want to change your Facebook password if you have a weak password so that there is less chance of guessing it.
Changing a Facebook password is not a difficult task, but the website interface can be a little cluttered, so sometimes it can be hard. You don’t have to worry about changing your password. To help you out, we have this article to guide you on how to change your Facebook password, also how to reset it in case if you forget.
How to change your Facebook password?
When you are on the Facebook website, follow the below steps to change your password.
- On the bar along the top of the screen, click on the downwards-pointing arrow on the far right.
- On the drop-down menu, select ‘Settings and Privacy’, then click on ‘Settings’.
- Now, select ‘Security and Login’, then scroll down and click on ‘Change Password’.
- Now, you will need to type in your current password. After typing the current password type in your new password, then the new password again (for confirmation).
- After following all the steps above, click on ‘Save Changes’, and your password will be successfully changed.
How to reset your password?
When logging in to your account, if you forget your login information, select, ‘Forgotten account?’ (below the entry fields).
After clicking on the ‘Forgotten account’ follow the below steps to reset your password.
- After clicking, the next page will ask you for your email address or phone number, enter that.
- After entering your information Facebook will send you a code. It will give you a list of email accounts and phone numbers linked to your account.
- Now, select the easier one.
- On the next page, there will be a text entry field for a code. This code will be texted or emailed to you depending on what you selected.
- Now, enter the code in that field.
- Facebook will let you enter whatever you want the new password to be.
- Enter your new password and click on ‘Continue’.
- Facebook will also give you options to log out from all the devices or keep them logged in.
Check out more articles here.
Keep Visiting Us.