Are you an Android Developer? If yes, then you should need a heavy laptop to carry on your Android development.
For making Android and iOS apps, Android studio is considered to be the best platform. But the big problem is, this platform needs more resources to work effectively. That’s why it’s essential to have the best laptop for the android studio to do development effectively.
There is a deep-sea of laptops in the market, that’s why it’s become harder to choose the best laptop for your work. But don’t worry, in this article, we will help you to find out the best laptop for app development that performs incredibly and allows you to develop apps more fastly.
After some research, I make a list of the 11 best laptops for android development, and I hope after reading this guide you will choose the best console for your work.
Guide to Buy Best Laptop For Android Studio
Before buying the best laptop for android development, you should consider the following factors.
SSDs are more reliable and fast than HDDs. These drives consume less power but give you high-end performance as a result. In return, You will get longer battery life. If you are serious in the app development field and want some ordinary extra performance laptop, your computer should have an SSD.
According to research, SSD offers 10X faster read speed and 20X faster write rate as compare to normal HHD
Another essential factor is RAM that helps in processing different app. More RAM means more room for processing, and hence you can run heavy apps on your laptop like Android studio and capable of doing multitasking.
I recommend 8GB or above RAM for better and optimized performance, no matter if you have a low budget.
The processor is the most important thing. Previously I have a Core i3 (5 Gen) processor with 4GB of RAM, and when I run an android studio on it, it fucks my PC. Although the android studio was successfully run, it takes enormous time to open and run the primary resources. I recommend you buy a laptop that comes with Core i5 (7 Gen) or above.
For better rendering, you need a strong GPU. It is a single-chip processor which is used to enhance your graphics performance.
Although you don’t need many high graphics cards to run Android Studios, it is essential if you are a game developer or a gamer.
Best Laptops For Android Development
Acer Nitro 5
Acer is doing great work in the laptop field for the last couple of years. The main focuses of Acer laptops are on gamers that why they made laptops with high GPU and CPU specs. Acer Nitro 5 is an incredible thing that gives you much fast performance to quickly and effectively complete your game development. Although this one is a mid-range laptop yet, it provides you a high-end performance.
The best thing I like about this laptop is its visual graphics, and it offers you a 15.6 inch of 144Hz UHD display that has the right tune of colors.
- It comes with a Core i5-10300H processor (4.5GHz)
- 8GD DDR4 RAM and 256GB NVMw SSD
- 15″ Full UHD display with 144Hz Refresh rate
- NVIDIA GeForce GRX 1650 Graphics with 4 GB GDDR6 VRAM
- Backlit Keyboard
- Nitro Mouse Pad
- Up to 9 hours of long-lasting battery.
1080P gaming experience
Long-lasting battery life
WiFi 6 support
HP Pavilion is another mid-range laptop that is best for android development purposes. HP laptops last for a long time with high durability that why their market demand is very high. The pavilion is the last model that gives you a lot of exciting features and specs.
With real-time ray-tracing technology, it performs very well. Thanks to its dual-fan system that makes this laptop a next-level console for multitasking. Another plus factor here is its long-lasting battery life that allows you to do app development for long.
- It Comes with AMD Ryzen 5 processor with a 3 GHz base clock up to 4 GHz max boost.
- 15.6 inch full HD IPS anti-glare display (25 nits)
- 512 GB PCIe NVMe SSD and 8GB DDR4 RAM
- Backlit keyboard for more comfortable typing experience
- Dual fan for effective heating control
- Loud and Crisp sound
- Robust connectivity with Wifi 5 and Bluetooth 5
- Built-in webcam
- Windows 10 Home (activated)
Lenovo Legion 5
If you are serious about Android’s development and take this skill as your career and future, you should buy Lenovo Legion. It is a High-end laptop that gives you ultimate performance and features.
It has a strong CPU and GPU performance, for multitasking and other heavy software, this laptop is ideal. It offers you 144 GHz and next-level visual clarity that enhances your visual experience. Due to its high GPU and rendering performance, this laptop is most recommend to gamers.
- Lenovo Legion offers AMD Ryzen 7 (4800H) processor that gives an incredible performance
- 15.6″ FHD IPS display
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti GPU
- 16GB DDR4 RAM and 512 SSD
- 144HZ refresh rate
- 5 hours of battery time
Easy and comfortable is much essential thing. If you are looking for a comfortable and lightweight laptop for your android app development, I recommend you MSI GF75. This laptop comes with a high sleek and elegant design that looks so attractive.
Other than its structure, its performance is also very amazing. I consider this MSI GF75 is a mid-range laptop, but its features are high because it offers you the latest (10 Gen) inter-processor that is enough to handle android studio. You can also run many other heavy apps on this beast; this console is perfect for multitasking.
- Intel Core i5 10300 processor
- 17.3″ Full HD display (120HZ refresh rate and 1920*1080 resolution)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4GB Dedicated memory
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 512GB SSD
- 5 Hour of battery life
- Backlight keyboard with Andti-Ghosting Key + Silver lining
ASUS ROG Strix Scar 15
If you want more value and have some extra budget, then ASUS ROG is an impressive laptop. It offers you brilliant and fast performance because of its powerful specs. Its design and LED lights pattern look so gorgeous.
The most advanced thing in this laptop is ROG intelligent cooling thermal system that never lets your laptop heat up. Secondly, it offers you a 4K display with 240Hz that makes your visual experience too high.
- ASUS ROG comes with the latest Intel Core i7 10875H processor
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070, 8GB GDDR6 with ROD Boost (Base frequency: 1140MHz, Boost: 1380MHz)
- 16GB DDR4 Ram and 1TB PCL1 SSD
- 15.6″ FHD display (240Hz), 1920 * 1080 resolution
- Intelligent Cooling thermal system
- ROG Aura Sync system with the beautiful RGB keyboard
- 5 hours battery time
Razer Blade 15
Razer Blade 15 is base on modern architecture and design that performs very well. There are a lot more things to explore in this console. Personally, I am a big fan of its aluminum unibody frame that looks attractive.
Razer Blade 15 is the best-known laptop for gaming, but due to its advanced architecture and specs, I consider it the best laptop for android development. After the performance, another most fantastic thing is its GPU and graphics performance. With the latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics, it gives you excellent rendering and graphics performance.
- Core i7 (10 generations) processor with up to 5.0 GHz Turbo Boost and internal Wi-Fi
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics with 8GB GDDR6 VRAM and real-time ray tracking
- 16GB dual-channel memory (DDR4) and 512GB PCIe SSD
- 15.6″ FHD with 144Hz refresh rate and 1920*1080 resolution
- 0.78″ ultra-thin body
- 7 hours of long-lasting battery
LG is one of the oldest and experienced electronics brands that make high-quality electronic products according to customer requirements. The latest LG Gram laptop is one of the famous laptops in the market comes with powerful specs that are essential for better performance and multitasking.
Although this laptop comes with a 17″ large display still it is a very lightweight laptop because of its slim metallic body. LG laptops are great for long battery, this one also offers you extra-long battery life.
- Intel Core i7 1065G7 latest processor with Iris Plus graphics
- 17″ large WQXGA IPS display (2560 * 1600)
- 16 GB DDR4 RAM and 1 TB NMVe SSD
- Ultra light weight (3lbs)
- 5K display connection
- Thunderbolt 3 Transfer
- Fingerprint for extra security
- 17 hours of long battery life
- Comfortable Keyboard
HP Envy is the best 2-in-1 laptop with a smart touch screen. You can use this laptop as a tablet. You will see some fantastic features in this laptop, like a webcam kill switch and an integrated fingerprint reader for some extra security.
I like 2-in-1 laptops because they give more comfort and ease due to their 360-degree rotation. After its micro-edge IPS display, it offers you a fast performance to do android development and other stuff like this easily. Luckily HP Envy comes with Ryzen 5, which gives an excellent account.
- AMD Ryzen 5 4500U, has a 2.37 GHz base clock, and up to 4.0 GHz max boost clock.
- 15.6-inch high-resolution FHD display with micro-edge WLED-backlit and smart multi-touch
- 8GB DDR4-3200 and 512 GB SSD
- Patented biometric 3D technology with smart fingerprint and Webcam kill switch.
- Dual HP speakers
- Metal body
- 14-hour long battery life
- 60Hz refresh rate
ASUS ZenBook 13
ASUS ZenBook 13 is the latest laptop based on upgraded architecture and design. You will get a smart touchpad that makes your life very easy. This is the first ASUS laptop that comes with a 5.5-inch intelligent touchpad that offers smart functionalities.
Its touchpad is just like a smart screen that controls the significant functions of a laptop. In addition to this, ASUS ZeenBook 13 offers you a backlight keyboard that is more comfortable and easy to use. The design, architecture, screen resolution, and performance all things are all perfect in this laptop.
- Intel Core i7-10510 (8M Cache, up to 4.9 GHz)
- High graphics quality due to NVIDIA GeForce MX250
- 16GB DDR4 RAM and 512GB PCIe SSD
- Build-in Alexa
- IR camera for facial recognition
- 13.3-inch FHD display with wide-view NanoEdge bezel
- Ten hour battery timing
Apple MacBook Air
Real Innovation and creativity is only achieve by Apple Mackbooks, from every point of view and perspective Apple macbiook Air a best laptop. Its unique design, ultralight weight, portability, performance, graphics quality, and battery life all things excellent.
Its latest M1 chip is even more faster and effeient than latest intel Core i7 processor. If you have extra budget then I strongly recommend you to buy Apple Mackbook Air it the best laptop for app development purpose.
- Apple M1 chip gives you faster performance and supports multitaksing
- Excellent machine learning performance (16-Core neural engine)
- 13.3 inch Retina display with true color tune
- Latest thermal technology for heat management
- 8 GPU cores with up to 5x faster graphics
- FHD camera
- 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD
- 18 hours long lasting battery
Microsoft Surface Pro 7
The last laptop on our list is Microsoft Surface Pro 7, which is a High-end device. Microsoft laptop usually comes with a more elegant and pro-level design that why I like them. Their uniqueness and portability are incredible.
You can also use Surface Pro 7 as a tablet to enhance your comfort experience. A second interesting thing about this laptop is its HD display. After MacBook Air, this beast offers you high quality and resolution display.
- Core i7-1065G7 Processor with 4-cores and 8 Threads
- 12.3″ Touchscreen with (2735*1824 resolution IRIS display)
- Active pen support
- 16GB DDR4 RAM and 512GB SSD
- 10.5-hour battery life
- HD webcam
- One year warranty
- High connectivity
I hope after reading this article you are now able to buy the best laptop for android studio. It’s a great appreciation for us if you buy any laptop from our list. All the laptops mentioned above have stable performance.
Few laptops are mid-range laptops, and the last two laptops (Mackbood Air and Surface Pro 7) are high-end premium laptops. If you have a budget, you can buy a premium one; otherwise, there is still vast space for selection just choose a computer that meets your budget and requirements.