AMOLED VS OLED – Which one is the Best?
Technology changes with respect to each era and new technology come with more modern design. Similarly, we can see a lot of changes in the mobile phone industries for the last 10 years. The difference can be seen in the display, cameras, batteries, CPU, RAMs, and hence every part of the mobile phone. Now it is necessary to buy a smartphone that gives you extra secure and advanced features.
For the safety of your smartphone you need to but a phone with stronger scree. Now there are two types of screen display AMOLED and OLED, in this article, we will show you the difference between these to the screen. And show you which one is the strongest Screen and perfect for smartphones.
AMOLED VS OLED – Which one is Best
Techycentre has decided to introduce our readers with AMOLED and OLED displays technology. We will discuss the difference, properties, pros, and cons of these two technologies.
AMOLED stands for Active Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diodes. Since 2007 this super technology is used in many smartphones. Not just in smart-phones AMOLED screens are also used in TVs and cameras. AMOLED has a special thin-film display technology in which organic compounds form the electroluminescent material and active matrix refers to the technology behind the addressing of pixels.
This screen technology has less power consumption. The AMOLED display is strong, thin, flexible, and lighter in weight. This screen has another type name super AMOLED which is the up version of AMOLED created by Samsung. This new Super AMOLED is 25% more efficient and energy-saving.
Advantages of AMOLED
There are several advantages of AMOLED display due to which it is used in lots of mobile phones.
- This screen is available in all sizes.
- This screen gives you a perfect display from each and every angle.
- It is used by a lot of industries worldwide.
- These types of screens have a faster refresh rate, thinner, and flexible.
As you know there are always some disadvantages to everything. AMOLED has some disadvantages. Some of these areas as follow.
- These screens are a bit expensive than other types of display technologies.
- AMOLED screens are very prone to screen burn-in
- Also, its quality degrades with time and it becomes brittle.
Here is Gift for you: Top 15 Best Free Action Games for Android
There is a wide scope of an AMOLED display, these screens are used by many industries for their products like.
- Gaming Consols
- Digital Products
OLED stands for organic light-emitting diode, also known as an organic EL diode. It has a massive electroluminescent layer that emits light to respond to an electric current. These types of screens are widely used to display vibrant colors. OLED screens are smaller, flexible, and thin as compare to old LEDs. This screen produces more dark colors which consume less power.
The advantages of OLED screens are as follow.
- OLED screens are much thinner, and lighter.
- Don’t need backlighting like LCD
- These screes are much brighter.
- Can be used for larger sizes modules.
- Larger field of view i.e 170 degrees.
- These screens are more flexible instead of rigid.
There are also few disadvantages of OLED screens although these are also widely used screens.
- There are a lot of color variations in these screens.
- Not water resistant screens, and become faulty with water.
- These screens can’t work for a long time.
- OLED screens are widely used in television.
- Computer monitors.
Conclusion: Which one is Best AMOLED Vs OLED
After the above discussion, we came to Know that AMOLED screens are one of the best Display screens widely used in all smart devices. While OLED screens now only used in television and mini mobile phones. Also, AMOLED screens are more flexible as compare to the OLED screen. In this modern era every digital technology use AMOLED display which is more strong as well as water-resistant.
Read More: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Alternatives